Monday, April 18, 2011

Tea for Two....or 40.

This year I (with the help of my mom and matron of honor) planned my first bridal shower for my sister Erica. She wanted a tea party theme and left all the details to me.  I love to plan so the idea of this task was exciting but also daunting!  My sister is the most creative, handy and capable person I know.  I call her Martha Stewart on steroids...so pulling off an event that would match her vision was a little frightening but I was determined to try.

The venue suggested by my mother, was a little rustic restaurant, Isabella Italian Cafe.  It's basically a renovated little house turned restaurant and was the perfect backdrop for a tea party.  My mother and I kept our eyes open for decor and stopped whenever we saw a thrift store searching for anything that would fit the theme and our wallet. The small touches were so important to us.  We found a great floral fabric and mom made cute napkins to complement the mixed and matched china tea cups and saucers.  Tables were decorated with sage green cloths, functional unique teapots to serve hot tea, beautiful peach and white floral arrangements (created by Erica) and colorful tins of tea by Harney and Sons. Favors of mini teapot tea infusers adorned each plate...no two tables were exactly alike.  Wine and Mimosa's flowed freely as heavy appetizers were served family style, all small bites hoping to mimic the concept of tiny tea party sandwiches but heartier.  Sweets and a custom cake from Creative Cakes as well as homemade delights completed the highlight of the room, a beautiful sweets table.

I have to say I was quite happy with the end result and the bride was too.  My only regret, not having better pictures to share but take a look....















 

No comments: